Thursday, February 3, 2011

Formal Country

I love contrast when designing a room. 
 Maybe something unexpected, like adding a formal element in a relaxed, casual environment. 

 Think of a silver serving tray on a pine kitchen table, or a gold gilded mirror in an entry way with concrete floors. 

 Combining opposites can be extremely satisfying! 
Contrast is important when making a statement.   Like an exclamation point...it creates drama! 

Anyone can design a conventional room.  Next time you want to make a change in your decor,  make a statement. 
Think eccentric...think unconventional...make a splash!  It's more fun.  

How about a little Formal Country?


image via tumbler


Are there unexpected details in your rooms? 

What are they?
 I would love to hear examples of how you have created drama in your home. 

Thanks for stopping by...I would be honored if you would consider following my blog.

4 comments:

Sarah, Three Boys said...

That image is awesome! Love it. I think the only drama going on at my house is the fireplace, stop by and check it out. BTW i am your newest follower!

molly susan strong said...

Love this The juxtaposition of elegant and barn! Thanks for coming by my place...new follower too!

Burlap Luxe said...

I just love this photo can you just imagin having a horse stall like this.

Keep inspiring white.

Thank you girl for all your kind words and visit to my place of sanctuary arts.
xx
Dore

Vintage Barn 27 said...

Have just become a follower! Love the unexpected! Love formal rustic, and other unexpected combinations in design.
The elegent lighting with the horse is fantastic. Looking forward to your posts.